Cool OFF with a Refreshing Drink
- 4 cups (about 1 pound, 9 ounces) cubed, peeled, seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup, plus more to taste
- Seltzer water (optional)
- 4 lime wheels
- Place watermelon in a blender and blend until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add lime juice and blend. Transfer the mixture to a large pitcher. Add 1 teaspoon of simple syrup, taste; add more syrup to taste. Refrigerate until very cold, 2 to 4 hours (drink will separate while it sits).
- Fill 4 glasses with ice. Stir Watermelon Limeade and pour into ice-filled glasses. Top off with seltzer water, if desired. Garnish with lime wheels and serve.